Thursday, August 11, 2011

Summer Wrap Up

My summer is coming to an end & so is my short stint as a "stay at home mom". (*Sigh) 

Starting Monday I become a full-time college student...again. This is suppose to be an exciting time for me, but I am absolutely heart broken that this phase of my life is over! I never in a million years would have expected to enjoy staying at home with my kids, but I guess my life has given me many surprises along the way, many in the recent years. Much to my surprise as well as most who know me, I'd rather continue to stay at home with Oaks than go back to school/work. BUT, we all know that ain't gonna happen! Farmer says NO.

So anyway, I've tried to make the very best out of the summer months & crammed as much fun in as I could. All along the way knowing that this coming Monday was right around the corner. I feel sad knowing that I will never get to play "stay at home mom" again, but it's time for mommy to make some dough! ;)

I wanted to share with you all some tid bits of my family's summer & fill you in on what was happening before I entered the blogging world.

As you scroll down through the pictures, I hope you experience as much joy as I did through it all!

SUMMER 2011 WRAP UP


Sneak Peak of David's 30th Birthday: 
A Surprise trip to the Great Harbor Cay Island of the Bahamas

Riding in Style

Our transport to the Island


We're HERE!

LOVE

The view from our beach house...right out of a fair tale

Having a "What it is?!" with my wonderful Sister-in-Law at one of the TWO restaurants on the island.

Holding the BIGGEST starfish I've ever seen!



The crystal clear water was out of this world!

Missing our baby boy

A PLAYDATE to WEST PALM BEACH:

Oaks' first ride in an Airplane. It went extremely well surprisingly!

Oaks & his buddy Campbell waiting for our luggage in West Palm Beach

And he got tired of waiting...

Campbell building sand castles

Oaks & I on the beach!

Worn out babies

Does it get any better than this?

Hard at work.

Admiring sea shells

Trying to get discovered! 

Play time at an indoor jungle gym. He had sooo much fun!

Playing in the fountains or "waterfalls" as Oaks would say.



Ready for another day at the beach!

The next Tom Crews.

So. Stinking. Cute.


Sending daddy lots of love from WPB



MY THIRD & FINAL TRIP TO THE BEACH THIS SUMMER: St. George Island

See previous post for details about our trip


CINCINNATI ZOO






Oaks missed most of Dora in 3-D

But mommy & daddy didn't!!!!! 

Feeding the giraffe a cracker. My favorite part!

NEWPORT AQUARIUM

AMAZING neon jellygfish

Daddy & Oaks checking out the sharks


CINCINNATI REDS BALLGAME



CHEEEEEEESE!


MANY TRIPS TO THE POOL






FUN TIMES WITH GREAT FRIENDS: In L.E.B.

Maybe a little TOO much fun! ;)

The lovely couple, Nick & Laura Ellen

Just the Girls.

FUN TIMES.


AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN








BEST.SUMMER.EVER.

Loren

1 comment:

  1. How cute is baby Oaks?? So precious. You look fab Loren!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete