Monday, August 1, 2011

Maggie Fest 2011

"HE REVVED HER ENGINE, NOW WE'RE BINGIN'"

I had the BEST weekend with 22 fabulous girls celebrating my friend Maggie's upcoming wedding in NashVegas. The above quote was our motto for the weekend, in which we sported on t-shirts saturday night. In order to get the full effect, you must know that Maggie's fiance's last name is Revelette & everyone calls him "REV". Now it's clicking, right? Sooo appropriate...AND inappropriate I guess! hehe

Let's just say I may be a little honkey-tonked, bushwhacked, belvedered, & bull-winkled (it's a longer story than you want to hear), but I'm alive and well! I can't hang like I use to, that is a FACT! But celebrating with Maggie this weekend & all of my girlfriends was SO MUCH FUN.

SIDE NOTE: Angie did such a great job organizing the whole thing. It was a total success! Props to her for knowing how to throw a great party! (Take notes as we go in case your planning a bachelorette)

Here is what went down.

Friday night (per Maggie's request) we all dressed up in bridesmaids dresses and went out looking like 27 dresses. The BEST part was a couple of us, including the bride-to-be decided to take it to the next level. Maggie wore a BEAUTIFUL, Glenda-the-good-witch-looking, Goodwill special, aka a wedding dress. Needless to say, she was a hit! To spice up the night, a couple of us clowns set out to look as ridiculous as possible in the most disturbing bridesmaids dresses we could find. Of course, I had to be in on it. And we all had to have stage names. Duh.

Check this out. How did we look? =)

Deb & Glenda. REV is a lucky man! =)
The beautiful bride-to-be (a.k.a. Glenda the good witch)


Polly Pocket & Phyllis

Maggie & I (BTW...How about that hair? I may have to ask Pink Lou Lou to feature my hair on her blog because it's so hot. Hellooooo bangs.)

The crew at the hotel before heading out
Can you tell we had a good time with this? Some of us may have had a little TOO much fun with it!

Anyway...

Our first stop of the night....was a different kind of bar than I'm use to! This was my first experience at such an establishment. It was interesting to say the least...and SO MUCH FUN! Best part of the night...the DRAG SHOW. No joke, these girls were HOT! They had some fierce bods! See for yourself!

My favorite! She could bust a move.



Lindsay (Phyllis), Nicole, & JD (Deb) enjoying the show!

Saturday afternoon we had a shower for Maggie. She got TONS of great stuff that I'm sure Rev will love! =)

The sweetest bride ever!


Opening her lingerie gifts

That night we all put on our Maggie Fest t-shirts & headed to Brewfest. Tons of breweries from all over the country set up booths & we sampled their beer. It was a great time, even if I don't care much for beer. I did however stumble upon a really amazing beer called Woodchuck Summer Cider. It was sooo tasty! It was like Oaks' white grape juice mixed with Champagne. (YUM) I stuck close to their booth the rest of the night. 

We all had such a great time & sparked lots of interest with our t-shirts. Everyone was dying to know what Maggie Fest was. Again, another great idea for the weekend. 


My roomies and I minus one.

Sporting Baby's Breath in our hair in honor of Pace
Having a little drinky drink. 

Bustin' a move

The bachelorette "owling". The best picture of the evening! 

To wrap up the evening, we all learned how to line dance at the honkey tonks

The weekend was a great success! My friends sure know how to throw a good party!!! There were no major melt downs or fights, which is huge! We had some great laughs & enjoyed standing out from the crowd (even if it wasn't in the most attractive way). AND I got to meet some B-town ballers that I hadn't met before & they were so awesome. 

I always have the best time when I get to hang out with these girls. Sadly enough, I don't get to see them often, but they light up my life when I do!!!!! 

Thanks to all my girls for a fantastic weekend! I can't wait to do it all over again for Megan's bachelorette in a few weeks! It makes me so happy to know that I will be reunited with them all many times over the next few months for bachelorettes, showers, & weddings. My heart is so full! =)

Cheers to Maggie for being the sweetest thing ever! And best wishes to the bride-to-be.

Hootie Hoo,

Polly Pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment