Tuesday, August 2, 2011

BIG GULPS AYE?...

So yesterday was a BIG deal. Oaks started school at the Baptist Church. Okay, it's not really school. Let's be honest, he's only 2. It's daycare. BUT it's as close to a school setting as you can get!

We BOTH survived! I didn't get any calls to come pick him up & I even held off until 3pm to go get him  although I had to basically sit on my hands all day to keep from darting to the car & racing to the church.

First Day of School 2011
After having orientation, he was SO excited to be going to school, which was a big relief because I didn't have to convince him it was okay!

So handsome! =)
David & I took him into his classroom & of course he went straight for the toys. We hung out for just a minute & Oaks had already forgotten who we were! So we both told him bye & with no hesitation he said "Bye mom, Bye dad" and they were off to the cafeteria for breakfast.

So excited he couldn't contain himself! So he ran around in the driveway like a wild man.
 I had to take BIG GULPS & hold back the waterworks, but thankfully I didn't cry.

I wasn't really worried about Oaks as much as I was concerned for his teachers. Oaks hasn't really been on much of a schedule up to this point, he's a horrible napper, he doesn't sleep well at night, he has no concept of sharing, & can be a little hard-headed at times (no idea where he gets that). So, needless to say, I was thinking he might be a little difficult.

He proved me wrong though! Ms. Amy said he was great (even after I asked her to tell me the truth). She said he ate great, napped great (WHAT?), & was sooo sweet! I have to admit, this was a proud mamma moment.

Although I wish I could stay at home with him forever, I think daycare is going to be great for Oaks. He is getting to interact with other kids his age & hopefully make lifelong friendships, learning lots about the bible & other great things, & is getting prepared for real school!

Hopefully it wasn't just a coincidence, but last night he slept ALL NIGHT in HIS BED (This is a rare occurrence with him) AND he even told me he had to go potty & went potty like a big boy!

I'm so proud of my little man for being so grown up! =)

So we are on DAY TWO today and hopefully things go as well as they did yesterday. (Fingers crossed).




As for me & what I've been doing....I'm back at it again. Does this mean I have a problem? I think I might just be a gasaholic. Or maybe it just means I have a rotten mouth! Unfortunately this is the last time I'll be getting gassed up for a while. Fortunately, there is no more work to be done! =)

Happy

Arrrgh

The negative side effects of all of these trips to the dentist is that I feel like I'm going to be numb until Friday, I'm talking like I'm kinda special, it looks like I've had a mild stroke, & when I tried to take a sip of my Mountain Dew, it all came rushing back out of my nose. Not fun. 

...WELP, SEE YA LATER!

Gasaholic.

No comments:

Post a Comment