Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Confessions of a Farmer's Wife....

CONFESSION #1: I have a shopping addiction.

Sooo people....although it is tough for me to admit, this girl has a few flaws.

One possibly being a little thing called a shopping addiction.

HOWEVER, I must say I have come a long way from where I have been in the past. The first step is to admit you have a problem. I admit it.

Lets just say there may have been a time in my life where I ran to the mall every time I planned on "going out" & may have never worn the same outfit twice! (I know you all feel me on this one...everyone is guilty!!!!) I can think of a few legitimate excuses for my actions:

1. I was blessed in the fact that I only had to work for spending money, 
which in turn was spent all at the Fayette Mall. 
2.  I lived in Fayette Mall's back yard all through college...I could have sneezed on it. 
So it was to say the least, convenient.
3. I hadn't found my farmer boy to sweep me off my feet (he in redwings, I in my heels) 
& bring me down to earth a bit.

I have learned to somewhat control my spending (or hide it from my husband if I must..hehe) upon entering the "real world" which includes being a wife, a mother, & having to pay bills. Lets just say the bank account suffers if I don't keep it under wraps.

David monitors my spending since he feels I can get a little out of control sometimes and always tells me "No unnecessary spending Loren", but what exactly is unnecessary spending? Umm....I think everything I buy is totally necessary and can justify it one way or the other! Are ya with me?

So anyway, the point of all of this is that I feel it is necessary to let you all in on a few purchases you simply must make before planning your next vacation.

Necessary Purchase #1: The Folding Mobile Wagon by Frontgate

This wagon is sooo handy when you are making a trip to the beach....

And it folds up nicely for easy storage! Sweet right?

AND it makes a nice little bed for your little one so you can still enjoy the sun while they nap! CRUCIAL!
Frontgate also makes some great beach chairs & pool toys that are worthy of purchasing!!


Necessary Purchase #2: Lands' End Canvas Tote

The totes come in all different sizes, styles, & colors

This is the real deal, must purchase item. I absolutely LOVE my Lands' End totes. We have a couple & I use them all of the time. They are great traveling. I especially love the ones that zip. 
They are also great gifts! (Even better because you can monogram them!) My totes were probably one of my favorite gifts of all time! And the best part is, they are having a sale online right now. So if you know someone who has a birthday coming up, is getting married, having a baby, or if you want one for yourself...nows your chance!

Necessary Purchase #3: An Ipad


Maybe these are a little pricey, but I will say they are worth every penny for the peace & quiet that they produce!!!! As a parent, what on earth did people do before technology gave us things like this? It's pretty sad that my 2 year old runs around the house yelling "where's MY Ipad", but hey, we drove 12 hours in the car with a 2 year old, the Ipad saved my life....we go out to eat, the Ipad saves my life, I want to watch something other than Mickey Mouse on tv, the Ipad saves my life...Buy one. You'll thank me later.

Alright, so I guess some of you are probably understanding my point when I say I'm not exactly sure I understand what an unnecessary purchase is. I find a reason for EVERYTHING to be necessary & I've been in the dog house for it more than once. I guess there are some things the farmer just can't change....

On a more reasonable note...Necessary purchase #4: A Good Read

If you're anything like me, you can't go on vacation without a good read. I'm always looking for good books to read, so please let me know what your favorite books are!

Last week I read a book that I have to admit I wasn't overly enthused with....


It was good...good enough to finish...and it had to good moments, but I just love a book that I get so into that I can't put down. This one, not so much. Sorry Kate. =(

Here's a list of books I die over:

The Help
Water for Elephants
Saving CeeCee Honeycutt
Best Friends Forever
Fly Away Home
The Same Sweet Girls

Just to name a few...If you need other suggestions, hit me up!

Here's what I've just recently ordered from Amazon.com:
Georgia Bottoms
The Weird Sisters


Last but certainly not least....Necessary Purchase #5:  5 Hour Energy Shots

These babies right here will have you hoppin' on down the road, focused & alert, feelin' like Dale Earnhardt Jr. What? A 12 hour drive? No problemo!

This was me...taking "corners like its on rails" down 65 with my 5-hour energy
CONFESSION #2: I like Drugs....

HOLD up....I'm not talking like the hard core drugs. Uh huh, I can't believe you would actually think I had a little problem! Lets get real though, I'm just talking about a little LEGAL drug called Nitrous Oxide, aka Happy Gas!

So evidently I have FAILED at life & have developed a potty mouth full of cavities. EEEEEK! I'm totally blaming this on my child (sorry Oaks) & not on the pot of coffee I drink every morning or the Mountain Dews in the afternoon. Although it has not been scientifically proven, I'm not the only mom who has gone to the dentist after having a child & wound up being told they have a dirty rotten mouth.

At least my mom's a dentist & I don't have to worry about robbing a bank to get all my teef fixed. She hooks me up.

But the point IS....I secretly enjoy getting fillings (& maybe a little crown that we won't mention) every once in a while because I know I can get hooked up to the GAS. I should seriously question my judgement on that, BUT it is so much fun. If you're scared of the dentist or dread going...PROBLEM SOLVED! Just ask for a little Nitrous Oxide next time, and POOF you've found your new best friend!

Clown nose on...feelin' goooood

Probably had SueAnn turn it up a little too high at this point! hehe


WARNING: Don't text & gas

Don't judge....we've all got our problems! =)

Much love...


No comments:

Post a Comment